According to ayurvedic philosophy, the complete cosmos is an interaction of energies of the 5 super factors- Space, Air, Fire, Water, and Earth. Every individual has a particular pattern of energies that constitutes our body’s mental and physical structure. Vata, Pitta, and Kapha are the mixture and variations of those 5 factors. If you want to balance these doshas, then you need to understand their concept deeply. In this article, we are going to talk about how can you balance your Vata dosha?
Table of Contents
Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word that means “The science of life.” The principles of Ayurveda were formed thousands of years ago by “Rishi- Munies.” The basic principle of Ayurveda is to heal our bodies with natural elements. It focuses on right thinking, diet, dilatory combinations, lifestyle, and combination of herbs. Our body is formed of natural substances and can easily be healed by naturally occurring herbs or by some lifestyle modifications.
1. An individual with vata prevalent is honored with a brisk brain, adaptability, and inventiveness. They are anxious, and dynamic, vata individuals walk, talk and think quickly, however, is effectively exhausted.
2. The vata dosha personality individuals are passionate about work and are very ambitious. They work very hard to earn money but always face financial issues due to a lack of planning. These people take the decision quickly and hence fail to analyze all the aspects. They remain full of energy all the time and hence
3. Individuals with prevalent vata dosha have a strong metabolism and hence they can eat whatever food they like without putting on weight.
3. Vata individuals will regularly have slanted teeth that should be rectified with the help of braces, also they have thin gums.
4. Their skin and hairs usually remain dry, no matter how much moisturizer they apply.
5. They likewise show interest in philosophy, art, and literature. Their heads are loaded up with a lot of ideas and they possess the ability to think out of the box.
What happens when Vata dosha is imbalanced?
When out of equilibrium, Vata will cause inattentiveness, nervousness, sleep disorders, stoppage, dry/unpleasant skin, migraine, back/joint torment, cold hands and feet, and so on Individuals with vata-overwhelmed Prakriti (constitution) will, in general, be either short or tall.
Vata lives in the colon, just as the mind, ears, bones, joints, skin, and thighs. Vata individuals usually suffer from the following health issues such as emphysema, pneumonia, and joint pain. Imbalanced vata dosha causes fart, spasms, jerks, throbbing joints, dry skin and hair, nerve problems, stoppage, and mental disarray.
The regular trip, particularly via plane, noisy commotions, constant incitement, some medications, and consuming a large amount of sugar, and liquor all disturb vata, as does openness to cold and cold fluids disturbed vata.
How to balance Vata dosha?
1. Routine plays a very important role if vata is to be brought down and controlled. It is best for vata types to head to sleep by 10 PM as they need more rest than other body types.
2. Steam showers, humidifiers, and dampness could be useful. Daily oil massage before bath or shower is also recommended.
3. General rules for diminishing vata include warm, well-cooked food. The food should be consumed in small meals about three to four times a day. Routineness is the major cause of vata dosa imbalance. Those with vata-prevailing constitutions do well with soups and slow-cooked food.
4. Drink 2 glasses of lukewarm water empty stomach in the morning.
5. They are recommended to use oil or deshi ghee while cooking food. Oil can be mixed with salads, or one teaspoon of cow’s ghee can be added with a bowl of dal or soup.
6. Best food choices to balance vata related doshas – Well-cooked oats and rice, sweet, ripe, and juicy fruits
7. Food to avoid – Tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, peppers, spinach, dry organic food, cranberries, pomegranate, crude apple.
8. Numerous vata individuals can fulfill their requirement for protein by prudent utilization of dairy items, yet can likewise utilize eggs, chicken, turkey, new fish, and venison on the off chance that they wish. Vegetables are hard to process and ought to be devoured in a restricted amount by those attempting to conciliate vata.
9. Cooking vegetables with a little oil and flavors, for example, turmeric, cumin, coriander, ginger, garlic, and hing (asafoetida), will help forestall vata from being upset.
10. All nuts and seeds are useful for vata. Almonds soaked overnight in water and eaten are very helpful for vata people.
11. All dairy items are useful for vata. All flavors are acceptable, however, ought not to be abused.
12. Vatas can have a large portion of a glass of wine, diluted with water, during or after a meal. Since Vata individuals should stay away from sugar, caffeine, and tobacco.