Do you know? Detoxification is the fastest and easy way to balance hormone levels. When we eat a lot of unhealthy diets, live a sedentary life, and do not get an adequate amount of sleep, it can lead to the accumulation of free radicals in the cells which in turn could raise the levels of toxins in the body. Some tea is very effective in balancing female hormones. Let’s talk about some best and unique tea for balancing female hormones in 21 days.
What are hormones?
Hormones are the chemical messengers in our body which are generally produced in our endocrine gland and travel through our bloodstreams throughout the body which regulates various body functions.
What is hormone imbalance and what are its symptoms?
When hormones are produced in too much or too little amount, then it can seriously affect your body. Following are the symptoms of hormonal imbalance in females;
1. Irregular periods
3. Hot flashes and night sweats
4. Persistent weight gain.
6. Pelvic pain
8. Cold hand and feets
9. Premenstrual symptoms.
10. Heavy menstrual periods.
11. Breast discharge.
12. Acne and pimples.
13. Abnormal facial hairs.
14. Vaginal discharge.
15. Mood swings.
16. Alopecia/ abnormal hair loss.
17. Vaginal discharge.
18. Abnormal weight gain/loss.
19. Breast pain.
20. Dark period color.
What causes hormone imbalance?
Hormonal imbalance could be the result of the following activities;
- Lack of Exercise.
- Eating a lot of junk food.
- Disturbed sleep pattern.
- Increased stress levels.
- Low antioxidants in the body.
10 Tips to balance hormone imbalance
1. Eating enough proteins.
2. Exercising regularly.
3. Avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates.
4. Meditate to manage stress levels.
5. Consuming healthy fats.
6. Avoid overeating and undereating.
7. Regular sleep pattern and high-quality sleep.
8. Alcohol consumption and smoking.
9. Consume a high fiber diet.
10. Eating a lot of eggs.
Detoxification of the body is the fastest way to balance hormones
Consuming antioxidant-rich food and drink could decrease the level of toxins in the body. The best and fast way to clean and detoxify the body is to consume anti-oxidants-rich tea. You all might have heard about the antioxidant benefits of green tea, however, there are more amazing and unique tea available which could balance help in balancing female hormones.
13 Best and unique tea for balancing female hormones
Rose tea has been used for cultural and medicinal purposes for thousands of years. It is an aromatic tea which is made from rose petal and rosebuds. Here are some amazing benefits of consuming rose tea.
- Rose tea is naturally caffeine-free and has many positive health effects. Because this tea is caffein-free, it is very beneficial for people with high blood pressure issues.
- Water is the main component in rose tea, drinking one and more cups of rose tea every day could hydrate the body very well. It is best for people who drink less fluid through the day and is suffering from headache, skin problems, muscle cramps, and fatigue.
- It also boosts the metabolism process and helps in weight loss.
- Staying hydrated is the best way to detoxify the body and manage hormone imbalance. When the body is well hydrated and it flushes out toxins from the body.
- Rose tea is rich in antioxidants and helps to fight free radicals. Due to its high antioxidants rich properties, it can reduce the risk of cancer, and heart diseases.
- Females with PCOD (Polycystic ovarian disease) have a lot of hormonal imbalance issues and are at a high risk of diabetes. Consuming rose tea on daily basis can reduce the risk of diabetes.
- According to research published in the Journal of food and sciences, rose tea contains four times more antioxidants than green tea.
- The research concluded that rose tea can prevent premature aging and provide a healthy skin glow.
- Females suffering from hormone imbalance face a lot of menstrual pain, and in the severe cause, they may face, vomiting, fatigue, back pain, headache, dizziness, and diarrhea during menstruation. In a randomized controlled clinical trial, rose tea can help to treat heavy menstrual bleeding and irregular bleeding.
- Due to hormonal imbalance, females suffer from a lot of mood swings and increased stress. According to research published in the National center for biotechnology information, rose tea can help to reduce stress levels in the body.
- Not cleaning up the intestine properly, leads to increase toxins in the body. Rose tea is very beneficial for cleaning up the stomach and intestine and acts as a natural laxative. The clean intestine plays a key role in balancing female hormones.
A study conducted by the pharmacology of medicinal plants, in July 2018 revealed that hibiscus tea releases some substance that could decrease the release of prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are a hormone-like substance and can increase muscle contraction in the uterus and leads to cramping during the menstrual cycle.
Females suffering from hormone imbalance experience irregular periods. Hibiscus tea is very beneficial for regulating the menstrual cycle and decreases period cramps. It has some other amazing benefits too.
It is recommended to avoid hibiscus tea during pregnancy.
- Hibiscus tea contains powerful antioxidants and helps to reduce oxidative stress and reduce free radicals in the body. In a study published in the National center for biotechnology information, hibiscus tea has powerful antioxidants and can detoxify the body very well. It had 92% more antioxidants than normal tea.
- Hibiscus tea is well known, to lower blood pressure. If a person is taking hydrochlorothiazide, then it is advised to avoid consuming hibiscus tea as it may interact with the drugs.
- Weight gain is a common symptom seen in females with imbalanced hormone levels. Research conducted by the national center for biotechnology information, hibiscus tea is very effective to promote weight loss.
- It is recommended not to consume more than the recommended dose of hibiscus tea, as it contains caffeine which could interfere with the sleeping pattern.
The scientific name of the reishi mushroom is Ganoderma lucidum, it generally grows in humid locations. The mushroom can be eaten fresh, and sometimes it is used in powdered form to make mushroom tea. It is one of the best tea for balancing female hormones. It is filled with amazing health benefits.
- A continuous hormone imbalance could lead to breast cancer issues in females. It contains powerful antioxidants which can remove harmful toxins in the body. It is also evident that reishi mushrooms can reduce the chances of breast cancer. In a study conducted by the National center of biotechnology information, it is evident that 4000 females suffering from breast cancer consumed Reishi mushroom, survived breast cancer.
- It is well known to boost the immune system. According to research conducted by the National Library of medicine, molecules present in mushrooms can increase the activity of WBCs present inside the cell.
- Females suffering from hormone imbalance, face symptoms such as fatigue and depression. In a randomized double-blind and placebo-controlled study, it was concluded that there was a significant decrement in symptoms of fatigue within 8 weeks of consuming the reishi mushroom-based supplements.
Chamomile is a herb which had very beneficial and unique properties. It is loaded with lots of antioxidants and plays a major role in lowering heart diseases.
- Chamomile tea is very beneficial for getting good quality sleep, also it promotes better sleep and reduces insomnia. Not getting an adequate amount of sleep is another big reason for hormone imbalance.
- Poor digestion, constipation, and not being able to clean the intestine properly lead to improper absorption of nutrition from the food which in long term could lead to hormone imbalance.
- Females suffering from PCOD, are at high risk of diabetes and blood sugar issues. According to a randomized controlled trial, chamomile tea can lower blood sugar levels very well.
- Females suffering from hormone imbalance, face issues such as acne and pimples. It is well known to improve skin-related disorders. Chamomile, can moisturize the skin and reduce skin inflammation.
Peppermint tea is very beneficial for females suffering from the polycystic ovarian disease. Androgens are commonly called “male sex hormones” which are produced by both men and women. During PCOD, levels of androgen increase in the body, which leads to unwanted facial hairs. According to a study conducted in the National library of medicine, mint present in peppermint tea has an anti-androgen effect which can help to reduce facial hair growth in females.
- Peppermint tea is very effective in reducing hormonal acne. Acne, oily, and skin pimples are the most common signs of hormonal imbalance in females. This tea is known to balance all skin issues. It would be very amazing if we add peppermint to the skincare regime.
- Sometimes hormone imbalance may lead to IBS and digestive issues. This tea had stomach-soothing properties which can help to relax muscles in the digestive tract and gives great relief from stomach issues.
- Females suffering from hormonal issues face severe mood swings, anxiety, and depression. Peppermint tea is very beneficial in boosting brain functions and anxiety issues.
Licorice root tea is very beneficial for menopausal females and it is evident that it can treat hot flashes.
- The roots of licorice are an excellent home remedy for females suffering from menstrual cramps.
- As discussed weight gain is a common symptom faced by many females suffering from hormonal issues. A study published in December 2017 revealed that consuming licorice in any form can actually accelerate the weight loss process.
- It detoxifies the liver and prevents the liver from hepatitis. Detoxifying the liver will ultimately lead to the balancing of hormones.
- Licorice roots have amazing anti-oxidant, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory effects which are very beneficial for treating various disorders.
- No doubt licorice tea is very beneficial for hormonal issues in females, its consumption should be avoided during pregnancy.
Black pepper is enriched with amazing health benefits. It is the best for balancing female hormones and is easy to make.
- Black pepper tea is enriched with antioxidants and which is very beneficial in treating cell damage. Excessive free radicals in the body may lead to major health problems including hormone imbalance. Get rid of these free radicals can actually contribute to balance hormones.
- Black pepper has anti-inflammatory properties, which and treats any kind of inflammation in the body.
- Hormone imbalance leads to decreased immunity and one might suffer from frequent cough and cold issues. This tea is very effective in boosting the immune system and help gets rid of cough and could issues.
- Black pepper is filled with amazing health benefits and contains vitamins A, K, C, and minerals like potassium and sodium. Also, it is amazing for weight gain issues.
How to make peppermint tea?
1. 1tsp black pepper
2. Half inch ginger, grated
Take a vessel, add ginger and a large cup of water, bring it to a boil. Strain the tea and let it cool for a few minutes, and add 1 spoon of honey and enjoy the tea.
Ginseng tea is very effective in balancing female hormones. It is very effective in preventing breast cancer, endometriosis, and other hormone-related issues. A chemical present in the ginseng tea called ginsenosides is chemically similar to female steroidal hormones, it has estrogen-like effects which is very helpful for females.
- Ginseng tea is very effective in health and fitness. Ginseng is used from ancient times in Korea and China. Ginseng tea doesn’t have tea leaves but it is prepared from ginseng roots
- This tea is very effective for weight loss and is very effective in boosting metabolism.
- The anti-oxidant properties of ginseng tea is can promote skin health. It has inflammation-fighting properties and is very effective in fighting free radicals.
- Ginseng is very beneficial in treating issues such as nervousness, blood clots, nausea, vomiting, headaches, etc.
10. Aloe vera tea for complete detoxification
We all aware of the benefits of aloe vera. Aloe vera tea is been used for many years for treating many different kinds of issues.
- It was evident that aloe vera has estrogen-like properties and contains phytoestrogens compound which mimics the properties of estrogen in your body.
- A study published by the national center for biotechnology information concluded that compounds present in aloe vera can affect ovarian function in women and possibly balance female hormones and fertility.
- Aloe vera tea naturally detoxifies the body leading to hormone balance and clearing out skin and providing a healthy skin glow.
How to make aloe vera tea?
- Remove aloe vera gel and cut it down into pieces, now put the pieces in a glass bottle and add honey into it.
- Let it infuse for 1 week.
- Now add one teaspoon of the infused aloe vera into 1 cup of warm water.
- Enjoy the tea.
- Painful periods or dysmenorrhoea is a common problem for many females suffering from hormonal imbalance. Fennel tea is a better alternative for pain relief medicines and is evident that it helps keep the uterus from contracting which ultimately relieves period pain.
- Fennel is rich in Vitamin A, B-complex, C, D, and amino acids.
- Fennel tea is a wonderful remedy for weight loss. It is very beneficial for decreasing serum glucose levels and promotes weight control in humans. It is very effective in getting rid of excess fluid and waste from the body.
- Turmeric tea contains chemical compounds which are very effective in treating vaginitis and related symptoms such as discharge, itching, swelling, and pain.
- We all are very much aware of the benefits of turmeric. Turmeric contains curcumin which has amazing anti-inflammatory properties. It can help slow down the multiplication of bacteria in the vaginal area, thus aiding in the reduction of vaginal issues. This is a very effective tea for balancing female hormones.
- Turmeric tea has various anti-fungal properties and helps to treat foul smells from the vaginal region.
- Curcumin present in turmeric is very effective in treating anxiety and boosting brain functions.
How to make turmeric tea?
- Boil 3-4 cups of water
- Add some grated turmeric or a pinch of turmeric powder
- Allow it to boil for some time
- Strain the tea and add honey or lemon to enhance its taste.
13. Banana tea for regulating the sleep cycle
- Banana tea contains Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Potassium, lutein, and other antioxidants which helps to boost metabolism and burn fat.
- It is highly recommended for people suffering from insomnia, depression, anxiety, obesity, and hormonal disorders.
- Banana tea contains tryptophan, serotonin, and dopamine. It helps to improve sleep levels and reduce insomnia. Regulating the sleep cycle helps in balancing female hormones.
- This tea contains some essential neurotransmitter which helps to improve mood and regulate anxiety and depression.
How to make banana tea?
2 organic bananas (ends sliced off)
1 liter of water (or 2 sachet water)
Cinnamon or honey, to taste
- Bring the water up to a boil in a stainless steel pot.
- Add the banana to the boiling water.
- Allow the banana to boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the tea.
- Add the cinnamon or honey (if you like), and enjoy!
- Green mask stick is real or fake? Is it Worth Buying?
- 15 Scientific amazing benefits of drinking liquid chlorophyll
- 7 wonderful benefits of Gajar ke kanjhi
- 9 Amazing health benefits of eating Gold. Is there any side effect?
- Spending more time at home during this lockdown? Breath fresh air at home with these plants