Lots of people suffer from undereye wrinkles with age. As people age, the skin loses its elasticity and is not able to renew the skin as fast as earlier. The skin around the eyes is much more sensitive than the skin all over the body, as a result, it is very common to develop wrinkles under the eye with time. In this article, we will discuss the best treatment to get rid of under eye wrinkles.
Why under-eye wrinkles?
There are different causes of under-eye wrinkles with their different causes;
1. The repeated contraction of muscles under the eyes can cause wrinkles. These wrinkles generally appear when someone smiles. These types of wrinkles are known as dynamic wrinkles.
2. The other type of wrinkles that you need to worry about is called static wrinkles. These wrinkles around the eyes are visible also when someone is not smiling. Sun exposure, poor nutrition, and smoking can contribute to these kinds of wrinkles.
3. Wrinkle folds appear with age and are visible all the time. When the skin becomes looser over time, it starts to appear more around the eye.
- 9 Amazing health benefits of eating Gold. Is there any side effect?
- 8 Reasons why pine nut oil is called “The miracle oil”
- 5 Amazing ayurvedic benefits of Shankhpushpi for children
- 5 Mind-blowing benefits of liquid parafin for skin you should know
1. Home remedies
Here are some amazing home remedies for you to get rid of under-eye wrinkles.
1. Cucumber Slices Take some thick slices of cucumber or grate them and let them chill in the freezer for around 40-50 minutes. Now place these cucumber slices for at least 20 minutes and do this treatment twice a day.
2. Almond oil and Vitamin E: Mix a few drops of almond oil with vitamin E and apply this under your eye to let it sit overnight. Try this regularly for 5 months to see visible results.
3. Green tea bags: Soak two green tea bags in warm water and then refreeze them for 10-15 minutes. Take these tea bags from the freezer and place them on each eye and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse your eyes with cold water.
4. Tomato under-eye paste: The antioxidants in tomatoes help in fixing discoloration around the eyes. Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one spoon of lemon juice and apply it under the eyes. Wash it with cold water after 15 minutes. You can also drink tomato juice for maintaining healthy skin.
5. Egg mask: Make a thin paste of egg white and apply this paste to your wrinkles. Leave it for 10-15 minutes. Egg white reduces the depth of the wrinkles and helps in producing collagen. If your skin is allergic to eggs, then I would suggest you avoid this paste.
2. Change these habits to prevent under-eye wrinkles
As a result of smoking, the skin is exposed to extra oxidative stress, which damages collagen and elastin. Consequently, there is a reduction in nutrients reaching the skin of the face as blood vessels are narrowed, causing a reduction in blood circulation, and causing wrinkles.
High Sugar Diet- Food with high sugar content is low on antioxidants and can fasten the aging process leading to fine lines and wrinkles under the eyes.
2. Vitamins to get rid of under eye wrinkles
According to research published in 2016, Vitamin K, A, C, E, B3, and B12 help in the reduction of dark circles. One could add fruits, vegetables, and other products to the diet as these are rich in these mentioned vitamins. Such healthy meals help in keeping the skin and also maintain healthy and brighter under the eye.
3. Best essential oils for wrinkles to get rid of under eye wrinkles
1. All citrus essential oils including lemon and grapefruit, make the skin more sensitive to sunlight. It is essential to avoid sun exposure for several hours after using citrus essential oils. So, it is always recommended to always apply them before bedtime.
2. Some studies have revealed that sandalwood oil has anti-inflammatory properties and is very effective to restore moisture to your skin. When your skin is well hydrated then it reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles under the eye.
3. A study published in 2014, revealed that pomegranate essential oil is very high in antioxidants which helps to reduce oxidative stress around the eye region. Hence, it is very helpful to get rid of under eye wrinkles.
4. There is another study that revealed that carrot seed oil is also very effective in reducing under eye wrinkles.
It is suggested to use essential oils very carefully. Risks associated with essential oils are often related to allergic reactions resulting in a rash or itchiness.
Other signs of an allergic reaction include:
- a runny nose
- redness or swelling
4. Under-eye creams
Under-eye creams containing Topical vitamin C
It reduces the appearance of under-eye circles. Vitamin C serums can help smooth out fine lines by plumping and hydrating the under-eye area. Although vitamin C is more effective at reducing overall redness, some people say it can help alleviate discoloration associated with under-eye circles.
Retinol – a form of vitamin A – is a powerful ingredient and the skin under your eyes is delicate, there’s no reason why you should miss out on the amazing benefits of retinol. In one study published in the British Journal of Dermatology, researchers found that treatment with tretinoin significantly reduced fine wrinkles near the eyes, crease lines around the mouth and cheeks, skin discoloration, and other signs of skin aging.
Hyperpigmentation and dark spots caused by excess melanin can be prevented by Coenzyme Q10. In doing so, CoQ10 stops the production of tyrosinase, a catalyst that produces melanin. It is also very effective to get rid of under-eye wrinkles.
Also read –
- Best homeopathic medicines for clear skin and looking younger
- Raw turmeric can help prevent breast cancer here is the reason why
- 11 Easy tips to balance Pitta dosha – General characteristic and health conditions
- 8 Best Health Supplements for Women working in Night Shifts
- What is Dopamine detox and dopamine diet? Is it best method to lose weight?