Ayurveda has based the theory of tridosha. Pitta is one of the three doshas which is responsible for digestion and metabolism. According to ancient Ayurveda, vata, pitta and kapha regulate three major systems of the body i.e; Nervous, endocrine, and immune systems. If all these three doshas are in balance, it provides a healthy mental and physical status. In this article, we will learn about the general character of pitta dosha and what happens when it is not in balance?
Table of Contents
General characteristics pitta dosha
1. Individuals with prevalent pitta dosha are generally medium-tall with athletic figures. They don’t care for blistering summers and splendid sun. Pitta personalities sweat effectively and rapidly. They have warm, bronzed to freckled skin with incessant skin break out and firm hair with an inclination to untimely turning grey.
2. Pitta is the rule of fire and water. It is liable for the stomach-related cycle and digestion.
3. They are smart, realistic, and serious. They have an unmistakable psyche, sharp judgment, infiltrating thinking, and a solid will.
4. Pitta types are ready and astute and have great forces of understanding. These people are very aggressive and possess anger and jealously. But, they are excellent leaders and planners.
5. Pitta predominant individuals possess strong personalities. They usually don’t accept their mistakes easily and tend to blame others. When they are stressed they become impatient and annoying.
6. These individuals usually show their interest in science, analysis, law, and politics. They are very good leaders and are argumentive sometimes. Pitta predominant people have a clear mindset about their goals.
What happens when pitta dosha is imbalanced?
General health conditions of pitta dosha
Individuals with imbalanced pitta dosha usually suffer from heartburn, stomach ulcers, high blood pressure, acne, rashes, eczema, eye pain, gallbladder issues, jaundice, premature greying of hairs, bleeding gums, bad temper, etc.
Psychological symptoms of pitta dosha
They tend to show symptoms of depression and anxiety. Moreover, the pain issue is their anger which becomes difficult to manage. Due to their angry nature, they suffer in their relationships.
1. General food rules for managing pitta include avoiding acid-inducing food, pungent, and spicy food sources. Vegetarianism is best for pitta individuals and they should cease eating meat, eggs, liquor, and salt. To help quiet their normal forcefulness and enthusiasm, it is beneficial to eat sweet, cooling, and bitter tastes.
2. Grain, rice, oats, and wheat are acceptable grains for pitta predominant people and vegetables should be included in the diet.
3.Tomatoes, radishes, chilies, garlic, and crude onions should all be stayed away from. Indeed, any vegetable that is too acidic or hot will bother pitta individuals.
4. The best way to pacify pitta dosha is to eat a bowl of curd/ yogurt/ buttermilk mixed with roasted cumin seeds and mint powder. Especially in the afternoon.
5. Plates of mixed greens and crude vegetables are useful for pitta types in the spring and summer just like any sweet natural product. Harsh natural products ought to stay away from except for limes.
6. Avoid junk food, coffee, and dark chocolates. They should avoid hot spices such as green chili. The food that is most preferable is coriander, cardamom, turmeric, mint, lemongrass, cumin, etc.
7. All vegetables aside from red and yellow lentils are acceptable in modest quantities, with dark lentils, chickpeas, and mung beans are awesome for pitta personalities.
8. Generally, nuts and seeds have an excess of oil and are warming for pitta. Notwithstanding, coconut is cooling and sunflower and pumpkin seeds are OK at times. Limited quantities of coconut, olive, and sunflower oils are additionally useful for pitta.
9. Juicy fruits such as apple, pear, grape, orange, grapefruit, plums, pineapple, watermelon, mango, figs, dates has a very calming effect on people with pitta dosha.
10. The best drink for pitta personalities is herbal tea and cold milk.
11. “Gulkand” is very beneficial for pitta predominant individuals.
- 7 Proven health benefits of Glueberry I Gumberry, Gunda or Lasora
- What are negative ion sanitary pads? What are its health benefits for females?
- Scientific analysis of Rubina Dilaik’s diet plan and skincare routine | Big Boss Winner Season 14
- 15 Scientific amazing benefits of drinking liquid chlorophyll
- Warning! Drinking water from plastic bottles can cause infertility