In this article, we look at some scientific evidence of the benefits of blue java banana. Blue java bananas are a different banana type with a taste of Vanilla ice cream, hence these are commonly known as ice cream bananas or Hawaiian bananas. These bananas are commonly grown in Southeast Asia.
Nutritional value of yellow bananas compared to blue java banana
|Nutrients||Yellow banana||Blue Java banana|
|Vitamin B6||33% of the DV||26% of the DV|
|Vitamin C||11% of the DV||11% of the DV|
|Magnesium||8% of the DV||8.5% of the DV|
|Copper||10% of the DV||10% of the DV|
|Manganese||14% of the DV||14% of the DV|
|Potassium||9% of the DV||9% of the DV|
|Fiber||3.1 grams||0.5 grams|
|Protein||1.3 grams||1.5 grams|
|Net carbs||24 grams||27 grams|
As we can see that, there is not much nutritional difference between the yellow banana and blue java banana, the only difference is the taste.
11 Most amazing benefits of blue java banana
- Blue java bananas are excellent for weight loss and are low in calories. They are rich in fiber and travel through your gastrointestinal tract slowly. It promotes a feeling of fullness and keeps you satisfied. In a randomized controlled trial, it was evident that eating fiber-rich fruits on daily basis can play a key role in the weight loss process.
- Due to the rich fiber content in Blue java banana, it could treat several digestive disorders, including hemorrhoids, stomach ulcers, and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Blue java banana is enriched with powerful antioxidants, commonly known as gallic acid, quercetin, ferulic acid, and dopamine. Antioxidants can help prevent many diseases, can prevent cell damage, and can protect against cancer.
- Blue java bananas are a great source of potassium. Potassium plays a major role to protect your heart. In an observational study, it was concluded that eating one medium-sized banana can lower blood pressure levels and can play a key role in protecting the heart from damage and reducing the risk of stroke.
- Eating bananas 4-6 times a week reduces the risk of kidney diseases. Also, it decreases the chances of kidney cysts.
6. It could be the best post-workout fruit, packed with nutrition. One can make a banana protein smoothy as a post-workout supplement. Also, it has an amazing vanilla flavor.
7. Eating a banana after a workout can help your muscle recover faster. Electrolyte potassium present in bananas can help recover muscles faster after a workout.
8. Banana contains 6% of daily value B9 which is commonly known as folate. It helps to boost serotonin levels which improve mood. It is recommended to increase folate intake if someone is on anti-depressants.
9. According to a research conducted by the American journal of clinical nutrition, banana contains a high amount of calcium which helps to strengthen bones.
10. Blue java banana contains 1% DV of Vitamin A and 17% DV Vitamin C which can help eye and skin health.
11. Banana tea contains tryptophan, serotonin, and dopamine. It helps to improve sleep levels and reduce insomnia. Regulating the sleep cycle helps in balancing female hormones