Glue berry is scientifically known as (Cordia myxa), is well known for its nutritional benefits. Its plant mainly grows in Rajasthan and Gujarat. The unripe fruit of glueberry is green and used to make pickles or soup, also when it is ripe the fruit becomes sweet and can be eaten raw. The plant has some amazing benefits which are used for thousands of years in herbal medicine.
Table of Contents
1. Glueberry for cough and respiratory issues
Research published in IOSR Journal of Pharmacy revealed that glueberry has anti-inflammatory properties which could suppress cough and chest congestion. The fruit pulp is mucilaginous and consuming the fruit, could help to relieve cough symptoms.The tree bark powder when applied topically and on the plaster of broken bone can boost the healing process.
3. Glueberry for high blood pressure
High blood pressure is the most common disease across the world. A study published in 2016 revealed that Cordia myxa fruit has anti-hypertensive properties. The study was done for 5 weeks and it was found that this fruit extract can manage blood pressure levels and reduce oxidative stress.
Also, scientific research was done on rabbits to test the hypotensive effect of Glueberry showed mucilage from both ripe and unripe fruit contains some blood pressure-lowering properties.
4. Antidiabetic property
Glueberry is very beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. It contains some compounds with diuretic properties. The research was published in the International Journal of pharmaceutical sciences and research, which revealed that glueberry fruit and its seed have anti-diabetic properties. However, its effect is not the same as Metformin but it is very beneficial for people struggling with abnormal blood sugar levels.
5. Glueberry for liver healing
The fruit has many liver healing activities. According to a study published in Nigerian Journal of Natural Products and Medicine in January 2007 on rats, showed that the presence of oil, glycosides, flavonoids, sterols, saponins, terpenoids, alkaloids, phenolic acids, coumarins, tannins, resins, gums, and mucilage can have liver healing properties.
6. Anti-ulcer benefits of Glueberry
The anti-ulcer effect of this fruit was also tested in 2009 and was published in the Internet Journal of Pharmacology. In January 2011, research was published in Life science Journal, which showed that the effect of fruit extract of glueberry was tested on rats revealed that it contains some essential elements which can protect the stomach from ulcers.
7. Joint pain and arthritis
Regular consumption of Glueberry is known to relieve joint pain in people suffering from arthritis. In a study published in the Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, fruits and leaves contain analgesic properties that can relieve joint pain. However, it is not the complete replacement for medicine.
How to use Glueberries (Gunda or Lesua)
- If a person is suffering from a sore throat, that he can boil the bark of Glueberry plant and can consume the water 3-4 times a day. Due to their anti-microbial and anti-viral properties, they can treat sore throat.
- During a skin inflammation, preparing a mixture of decoction and camphor of the bark of the tree and massaging it in the inflamed parts could relieve inflammation.
- If you are suffering from some skin conditions such as dry skin or skin itching then grind the seeds of glueberries and apply them on the itchy can help to relieve the symptoms. Elements present in Lasoda contain two percent protein, carbohydrate, fat, fiber, iron, phosphorus, and calcium.
- The tribal people of Gujarat make the powder by drying the fruits of lasoda and mixing it with maida, gram flour, and ghee, and make laddoos. They believe that consuming this laddu gives strength and vigor to the body.
- By drinking a decoction of the bark of Lasoda, women get relief from menstrual problems.
- Top 7 brands of rice water skin and hair care products available on amazon
- 11 Most amazing benefits of blue java banana you must know
- Does a Salicylic acid ice cream mask really work? I Salicylic Acid Ice cream mask review
- 6 Best brands of apple cider vinegar available on Amazon in 2021
- Top 10 enormous and mind-blowing benefits of honey and best brands available in the market
- Achieve your fitness goals faster by knowing your ayurvedic body type